Friday, May 1, 2020

TED

 Technology, Ego, Design. 

Fast Forward. (Fifty years later. Palm Springs, CA). Confucius attends a TED talk by one-time follower Ts’ze-Kung,* which follows (to a T) the outline the company gives its speakers.

“I say this in all modesty. What I discovered then is that I am really good at this. And you could be too if you were as amazing as I am. Thank you.” [Applause.]
Confucius in Palm Springs, 2018
05.01.20
_______________
 * The Analects, 5,12 (unexpurgated and unabridged Underground Press edition) - “Ts’ze-kung said, ‘What I do not wish others to do to me, I also do not wish to do to them.’ The Master said, ‘Ts’ze, you’re not there yet.” Walking away, Ts’ze muttered, “Nor are you, wise word.” The Master said, “What did you say, Ts’ze-Kung? I didn’t hear you.” “Nothing,” Ts’ze replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment