Thursday, October 12, 2017

People change.

 People change. 

The Apostle writes to the Philippians. (As we saw yesterday.) -

“Who is more righteous than I am, you Philippians? -  circumcised on the eighth day,
a Pharisee among Pharisees, blameless under the law; and don’t forget:
I persecuted people like you.”

He goes on -

But I have given all that up, as you know - completely: no more a Pharisee;
since the prosthetic foreskin fell off, I have decided that circumcision
doesn’t matter either way; I have given up killing you. Completely!
Grace before the law: I am a 
completely changed man.
You must believe that. You do believe it.
Of course, you do. Leopards can change their spots.

Before and after.

People change!
     And we believe it. If we like those people. Or if they change to our way of thinking (especially convinced by our arguments). Otherwise, no, they cannot change. And they are hypocrites if they say they have. (We can prove their hypocrisy from what they said before or did before, however many days, months, or years ago they said or did it.)
  10.12.17

No comments:

Post a Comment