Friday, October 13, 2017

Nuts

 Nuts 

One of you wrote while I was away: “Are you back to work yet? You haven’t said.”
     No, I’m not. I am, it looks like, on pretty much permanent disability, because I can “not function properly in a work environment”; in short, I’m nuts. So, I see Dr. Feight twice a week still. Otherwise, I read a little. I listen to music. I cook dinner. I sleep. I can drink two cups of coffee a day.

I saw Dr. Feight yesterday. I picked up Uncle Albert, so he could sit in the waiting room and read magazines - Dr. Feight has added Lire and Les Inrockuptibles for his amusement - and we can go to lunch afterward.
     Yesterday Axel Sundstrøm joined us. He and Uncle Albert wanted to talk about the apocalypse that is upon us, so I moved to another table. I’m not that nuts.

We were all eating egg-salad sandwiches and drinking Pepsis. I took mine with me. I left theirs with them.
                                                                           10.13.17

No comments:

Post a Comment