Friday, June 19, 2015

Storm at Sea - Tempest in Kitchen Sink

June 19, 2015
Storm at Sea - Tempest in Kitchen Sink 

I forget, when I’m away from Uncle Albert, how difficult staying with him is. Imagine living as a gentile servant with no prior experience and with no instruction, only reprimand, in a family of orthodox Jews. One of the first things I was shown, not minutes after I had come into the house, was how to use the kitchen faucet correctly. Apparently, though not to my recollection, I had misused it the last time I was here last fall, though since Uncle Albert stood between me and what he was showing me, I’m still not sure how. Imagine, then, the reprimands given in Hebrew, head turned away, to a deaf-mute.

This Sunday’s gospel lesson, Mark 4:35-41, from the not only heretical but also exasperated Ted Riich Version.



No comments:

Post a Comment