Friday, June 26, 2015

Guns and Jesus, though not in the same sentence

June 26, 2015
Guns and Jesus, though not in the same sentence

Apologies to all 61 – or 16 – of you, dear readers. It would be irony to say I was kidnapped by duty to Paradise, were it not in Paradise, Michigan I spent the last several days. There I found Uncle Albert in an unusual more-than-a-little-worse-for-the-wear condition and no way could I discover to kiss and make it better.
     Eventually, in my presence if not with my help, he came out enough of his funk just before the news cycle on the Charleston slaughter had come to its end, and his immediate, simultaneously inchoate and voluble rage brought him nearly back to himself. At least he was able to see how “the brouhaha of the flag,” as he put it, was, as he also put it, “the diversion du jour” to keep us from seeing straight on how much of the devil handguns were – “and always will be we are such angry, violent, and mad jack- and jillasses.”

 


No comments:

Post a Comment