Sunday, March 23, 2014

Seems to have been mislaid

March 23, 2014
James, James Morrison's Mother

There are days we can lose ourselves − that’s too dramatic . . .There are days we misplace ourselves, then stumble around wondering where to start looking.
          This is not an every-Sunday occurrence with me, but it happens more Sundays than I’d like to think. It happens often enough you would think I’d begin paying attention, to come up with countermeasures. But: I never plan to misplace myself; I only look up and I’m gone, “How’d that happen? Now what?” And − here’s the difficulty − I have no answer to either question. I can’t say, “Wait. This happened, then this happened, then this; that’s how we got here.” But I don’t know where here is, and I can only say, “I remember this happened, then . . . I’m drawing a blank.”
          But, with luck I do stumble onto that place to start and there, a bit dusty in any-old-corner, there I am.  Good thing − or I couldn’t get to work in the morning. That would be a shame.


A new feature: Sundays at Go Around Back.  Quotes of the week – from various sources.  And the Sunday Funnies.  This week: Pogo.


No comments:

Post a Comment