Saturday, January 14, 2017

Saturday evening post

 Saturday evening post  

Roz had to work again this morning. She had to work last Saturday morning, because she had taken off Friday afternoon to pick me up and bring me home. She had to work this Saturday morning, because someone was coming in from out of town for something and she had to meet him.
     She told me last night what for, but I’ve forgotten. I remember though that I asked her when I was going back to work – would it be Monday? “No,” she said, “Monday is a holiday.” “Oh,” I said. “Tuesday then?” But no, Tuesday I have another doctor’s appointment. “Then,” she said, “we’ll know more.”
     “Are you going with me this time, then?” I asked. “Yes,” she said, she was. I thought: That’s like Bill Murray said in Caddy Shack about being blessed after he caddied for him with perfect karma by the Dalai Lama. “So, I’ve got that,” he said. “I’ve got that”: Roz will be going with me on Tuesday.

The Premier League is back in action after a week off, so Uncle Albert and I watched Arsenal beat Swansea City this morning. It wasn’t close, but that wasn’t because Arsenal played all that well.
     After the game, Uncle Albert read. He’s reading Cousin Pons by Balzac. I watched and listened to him turn the pages.

After lunch and after my nap, Roz and I went for a walk. I asked her about the guy that had come in from out of town. I apologized for forgetting why she had to meet him. “That’s okay,” she said. “I’m not sure I told you.”
Pero suenan, suenan los timbales.
To listen to the post, click here.
We had pork roast for dinner with mango chutney – and mashed potatoes and a salad. Roz had a glass of wine, and Uncle Albert did, too; but I drank water. I’m not drinking wine these days because of some medicine I am taking. After dinner, we did the dishes as merrily as we did before. I washed, and Uncle Albert dried, and Roz put them away.
     Now we’re listening to music from the TV again. We’re listening to Jazz. It’s Tito Puente, “Ran kan kan”: Ran kan kan kan kan. Pero suenan, suenan los timbales.

01.14.17

No comments:

Post a Comment