Saturday, May 21, 2016

Sick as a dog. [Spoiler alert.]

 Sick as a dog. 

None of you has written to ask where I’ve been lately. But I’m going to tell you anyway. Again. Sick. [Warning: spoiler alert.]

What I didn’t tell you: I got it from the dog. What I didn’t tell you about: the great Bacchus-with-the-sprays episode, where the damndog ran in a hunch (like a TV-show cop avoiding fire) from kitchen through butler's pantry through dining room to the front room, scrambling to escape the explosions of dog dirt popping like liquid caps from his ass. As difficult as it was to clean up the mess, it was still funny. Or, it was until the next day, when I found myself running from my own explosions, or running my own explosions to a proper receptacle (to continue the TV cop show metaphor – one of the barrels of water the bomb squad puts bombs in before they detonate them).
     And the dog had the last laugh, because he was over his shiftlessmesss in a day, and I’m not sure I'm not still running from mine.
05.21.16

2 comments:

  1. What you need is a Tuesday at the Bean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I don't need is beans on Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Or

      Delete