Friday, November 7, 2014

Mid-terms



Phineas T. Bluster
November 7, 2014
In which Uncle Albert writes a letter on the mid-term elections and LeBron James, the basketball player, among other matters not disclosed here

I’ve mentioned before that I only hear from my Uncle Albert by post, letters carried through the mail from his hand to mine.  So, only today did I get his take on the mid-term elections.  For what it’s worth – and I think a fair amount:


     You don’t have to buy votes, if you can buy nominations; so why 
     all the ads?  You don’t have to suppress votes, if you can buy 
     nominations; so why all the laws?  I’ll tell you: Pure meanness.   
     These are men with chronic bowel obstruction, narcissists that 
     want to share their pain in the axe handle with the world.


That’s it.  The next paragraph is about LeBron James.  I wouldn’t have thought Uncle Albert would have known who he was, but he calls him “LeBron James, the basketball player,” as if I might not know. 
f
 

No comments:

Post a Comment