Monday, January 13, 2014

Car Escapes on Foot

January 13, 2009
Black day at Bad Rock

Afternoon. Doctor’s office. Sounds of gagging, snorting up snot, country music.  It matches the wide-plank wooden floors, cane-seat chairs, kleenex boxes safe in red-white-pink knit cozies on the oak end-tables.  The woe-man singer – her heart is bleeding.

Evening.  Home from work, more work under my arm.  Heat up the last of the borscht, finish Saturday’s acrostic.  Point, click and I’m watching Law & Order, The Mentalist.  Law.  Order, however mystically achieved. Winners win and losers go to jail.  I go to bed still steaming because I overheard X and Y: B and I are paid entirely too much. Plus, I jump around too much.  Can’t I talk a straight line? Announce the whatever, illustrate, restate, give a practical application. “Jemus, skip the big words.  What’d he say yesterday?” “’Dystrophic?’”  “Jemus.”
w

No comments:

Post a Comment