Friday, February 12, 2021

Ouranic Dissonance

Ouranic dissonance.  

When it rains, it sometimes rains letters from heaven.


Dear Ted,

     I think your friend Trudy knows I don’t really like her. [See here.] She pretends though that I must. And I suppose the Culture supports her, for it holds that not only is all well and everything well, all is love and all manner of things is love. So, there is no more room for dislike than for mourning or tears.
     She tells me you are reading Iris Murdoch novels. Is that right? I introduced you to Murdoch, didn’t I? – when I was reading The Bell for reasons I can’t now remember. How old was I
17 or 18? But I do remember that I passed that book along to you. It was a used Penguin paperback. How does she know that, Trudy – that you are reading Murdoch?
     Otherwise, all is the same because it is always the same, no tears or mourning, no deviation or deceit. Theoretically.
                                                    Love, Moira          


Dear Ted,
     Your sister tells me that you are reading Iris Murdoch – what fun! Also that you have just started A Word Child – I don’t think I’ve read that one. So, again, fun! I could join you. I think I will. Write to tell me what you are thinking about it.
                                               Yes?! Trudy

02.12.21 

No comments:

Post a Comment