Wednesday, February 12, 2020

San Anselmo on Wooster

 San Anselmo on Wooster ¨ 

“yellow anselm” by m ball
His pen was scratching something into his clipboard before I began talking. I had closed my eyes, stopped trying to find something in the ceiling - I never do. Before I began talking, his voice from over my left shoulder. “You continue to be interested in theology?” Dr. Feight said.*
     “Yes?” I said. “If you could call it that.”
     “Though you’ve lost your faith.”
     “They’re not the same,” I said, meaning theology and faith. He knew that. Of course, he did.
     “But surely related,” he said. “Faith seeking understanding?”
     I didn’t say anything.
     “Isn’t that the definition?” he said.
     “One.”
02.12.20
_______________
 ¨ the street
 * Links to other sessions with Dr. Feight are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment