Tuesday, August 27, 2019

a pack of dogs

My recent absence from Twitter can be explained. I was blocked for ten days for “insufficient crass political content. For my absence from these pages, I have no excuse, but I do have the following explanation.

 A farable of Jesop 

Jesop as the dog Zeke
“a pack of dogs”
A dog decided to form a pack. He went out looking for dogs to join. He found another dog and asked him to join. The other dog said he would if he could be the leader. The first dog agreed: “Sure, why not?” The second dog asked the first, “How many do we have to have to have a pack?” The first dog said, “Five, like the fingers on a human hand.” “Then we'll need three more,” the second dog said. Soon, they found one who knew another who knew another, but the last wouldn't join unless he could be leader. “Can a pack have two leaders?” the second dog asked the first.” “I don’t think it can,” the first said.

  08.27.19 
_______________
The Farables (online reproduction of the 1887 edition with an afterword by Ted Riich) is available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment