Thursday, January 10, 2019

**Ba-dum-tss**

 **Ba-dum-tss** 

Before she left for work this morning, Roz said through the bathroom door, “So, what are we going to do about it, now we’re in the new year?”
     “About what?” Then, I thought, I really don’t want to know what. “Now’s not a good time,” I said.
     “With you, it’s never a good time," she sighed. But we were going to talk about another ‘musical evening,’ whether we shouldn’t take a turn.”
     “When?” I said. “When were we going to talk about ‘another musical evening’? When did we ever talk about it?”
     “Last February,” she said. “I made a note.”
     “Now’s not a good time,” I said.
     She didn’t say anything for a minute, but I could hear her standing there, suppressing another sigh. “It’s not going to be a good time either when I bring it up this evening.”
     Then I could hear her going.

I didn’t exactly thank God because I’m not believing in God these days, but also because evening follows afternoon as sure afternoon follows morning as sure as night follows day. Even if there's no God, there’s a law of inevitability where Roz is concerned.

01.09.18
_______________
 * As far as I can remember there have been only two of these, so it’s not like they’re a regular, obligatory thing. Axel hosted the first one. And Bel Monk hosted the next. There’s a list somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment