Monday, October 31, 2016

Another parable?

 Waiting for God (OT)

Is the kingdom of God like the oracle the prophet Habakkuk saw?

Habakkuk by m ball
The prophet cried out to God, “How long?!” – “How long shall I cry for help and you not listen? How many times will I point out, ‘Violence,’ and you’ll do nothing? How long can I look on – pain, persecution, conflict; we're wading in blood - how long? The law can do nothing, it turns away. The wicked surround the innocent – and that is ‘justice.' 
    “Still, here I am, where you put me. Here I am. How long can you look on?”

Then the Lord appeared to the prophet and said – is the kingdom of heaven like this? – what God said, “Write this down. Write it in big letters so that people running can read it on their way by. There is a time that is coming. If it comes slowly, wait. There is a time that is coming.”

The prophet waited. Is the kingdom of God like this?
     Who have ears, let them hear.
10.31.16

No comments:

Post a Comment