Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Monday, Monday.

Uncle Albert in his E for Eucharist
letter vest, crudely imagined by Ted Riich

from Uncle Albert's notebook (cahier)

Today I called the church to ask Miss Virginia why we could eat the bread and wine and then drink the wine but couldn’t dip the bread and wine into the wine and take both and then (at the same time) both. [See here.] But she wasn’t in. So, I asked the secretary, whose name is Kaylee (or Kaileigh or Caleigh or another of the 84 variants, all pronounced K long a, L long e with the accent variously distributed); I asked her since she must have asked Father Susan when she typed it into the bulletin in red: Don't do this!, but she (K-Lee) didn’t know because she hadn’t. Asked.
          “Do you want me to have her call you?” she did ask.
          “No,” I said. “But if you find out, please call me. Thanks,” I found myself saying because I found myself thinking this was another of those things better to learn second-hand, if at all.
                                                                                                                                                        12/11/23

No comments:

Post a Comment