Thursday, January 28, 2021

Cellphone n’etiquette

 Cellphone n’etiquette   

Axel’s damn phone
The phone rang. It was Axel, I could see it on the caller ID.
     “Did you call?” Axel asked.
(See previous post.) He smelled like onions. Or, the phone did. Like onions and carrots.

“Did you call?” This is a question worse than, “Where have you been?” He may not know where I’ve been (though where but nowhere?). But he knows I've called. It’s on his caller ID or log or whatever it’s called. It’s why he’s calling me. because I called and didn’t leave a message.
     The question is a lie. Why the lie is acceptable I don't know. So I say, “No.
     “No, I didn’t,” I say.
                                                                 01.28.21
_______________
 * Follow Axel’s story
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment