Sunday, August 5, 2018

The golden garden turns brass.

 The Ambiguities USA apologizes for the lengthy delay 
in the transmission of Roz and Ted elsewhere.
The story of their travels begins here.
 The golden garden turns brass. 

I tell Roz: “The priest is from Angola. He speaks Portuguese and a little Spanish. Or, he would; 
Buddha waving good-bye.
but he speaks to no one.”
    “How do you know that?”
     “From the sexton. He speaks a little English. ‘The priest speak no one,’ he says. ‘Is no garden,’ he says. And he says, ‘Look!’; and he walks me around the block to the back of the church, which is on the next block. ‘How be a garden?’ he says.”
     “Well,” Roz says, “was there a garden, ever?”
     “How could there be? There’s only a street there.”
     “Before there was a street there, could there have been a garden?”
     “I suppose, but the shops across the street look older than the cathedral.”
     “I doubt that,” she says. She adds, “Not that they look older. I doubt they can be older.”
     “One’s a flower shop,” I say.
08.05.18

No comments:

Post a Comment