Tuesday, November 7, 2017

fallen

 fallen 

So, I don’t remember last November. Do you? I do remember voting, of course. And I remember the results – as you do. But do you remember what you were doing the Thursday after the Thursday of Election Week without consulting your calendar? Maybe I’m not alone.
     A sappy enough beginning? – the hero identifies a flaw in himself then invites the reader to find the same defect in him or her: we’re all in this fallen world together.
    
Sappy meaning “exploitative.”

The reader responds, “‘Vanity, vanity, all is vanity.’ Yes, the world is fallen, and we have fallen into it. But only you were in Bedlam by Thanksgiving.”
     I have smug, self-righteous jackasses for readers. And I thank God for you.

Always up to date as well as timeless, He responds, “No problem.”

11.07.17

No comments:

Post a Comment