Saturday, September 9, 2017

Nescio

 Nescio 

Sudbury to the Soo, Ontario is a little over 300 kilometers, which is right around 190 miles for those of you that are left-handed. There’s construction leading up to and on the bridge - or there was when we got there; and we got a little lost but not so far we weren’t found. And we were readmitted to the lower-48.
     We stopped at the Chippewa County Sherriff’s Office in the Soo, Michigan. Uncle Albert walked in on Roz’s arm. I was instructed to stay with the car. They were gone about twenty minutes. When I raised my eyebrows to ask what it was all about - nothing, no reaction from either of them. So, I don’t know.

There’s a lot I don’t know about: cricket, the Philippines, heavy metals mining, mysticism or the mechanics of urination, Iranian cinema, baking, constrictors, philately, hematology or Orthodox liturgy, fishing in the Baltic, the samba, or shoe manufacturing, among many others.
     Moreover, I’m one of the few people I know - I may be the only one - that doesn’t know what impels people to do what they do, become law enforcement officers for instance, or florists. And I don’t know why Uncle Albert and Roz went into the Chippewa County Sherriff’s Office in Sault Ste. Marie. And I don’t know why they didn’t tell me why.
     I know this. It was 63.7 miles from there to Uncle Albert’s place across the road from Lake Superior in Paradise.* We got there at 4:12 pm (EDT). Later we went out to eat whitefish.
 
09.09.17

______________
 * according to the Escalade
   Gafieira Samba steps by Paulo Scardine - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment