Thursday, May 26, 2016

John Calvin of Patmos

 John Calvin of Patmos 

Wednesday’s God hates sin;
Thursday’s God brings the last days in.

Calvin’s bride descending.
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth as the old heaven and the old earth faded away and the sea evaporated. Then I saw her, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride devoted to her husband. Then I heard a loud voice: “God is coming. God will be with you. You will be God’s people. He will wipe away all your tears. There will be no more death, no more weeping, no more pain. Everything will be new. The thirsty will drink the water of life. You will be my children.”

And I thought, “Perfect!”

But the voice went on, “Except for cowards and palterers, except for masturbators, murderers, fornicators and fetishists, except for anyone that has ever rigged a game or told a lie. To hell with them. I mean it literally.”*

This was its last word, except to say don't write any more.
 
05.26.16

_______________
* The passage is from Revelation 21, selected verses (TRV).

No comments:

Post a Comment